Want to share your thoughts on sign language video accessibility?
That’s good! We are looking for deaf or hard of hearing participants to participate in focus groups.
Assessment of perceptions on accessibility to information by Deaf and Hard of Hearing Canadians.
We are looking for deaf and hard of hearing individuals to participate in discussions for the purpose of documenting and analyzing needs and
perceptions with regard to accessibility to information.
-Aged 18 or over Canadian
-Be either :
- A language professionnal : Deaf or hearing interpreter, translator or transcriber
- Are a representative or a provider of interpreting or translation service
- Are a member of Board of Directors of a Canadian Deaf organization
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Communication access norms and practices for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in health, education, culture, law, politics, public information, etc.
- Communication protocols in times of crisis
- Standards of training and qualifications that should be promoted for interpreters and translators
DATE OF THE FOCUS GROUPS:
– Tuesday July 5, 9 am to 1 pm: Deaf interpreters and translators
– Wednesday July 6, 9 am to 1 pm: BD members of a Canadian Deaf organization
– Wednesday July 13, 9 am to 1 pm: Hearing interpreters and transcribers
– Thursday July 14, 9 am to 1 pm : Representative or provider of interpreting / translation services and governmental agencies.
A four-hour group discussion with four to six languages professionnals or members of Canadian Deaf organizations
- Format: videoconference (Zoom) discussions will be recorded using the Zoom platform