Assessment of perceptions on accessibility to information by Deaf and Hard of Hearing Canadians.
We are looking for deaf and hard of hearing individuals to participate in discussions for the purpose of documenting and analyzing needs and
perceptions with regard to accessibility to information.
- Identifying as Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Aged 18 or over Canadian
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Communication access norms and practices for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in health, education, culture, law, politics, public information, etc.
- Communication protocols in times of crisis
- Standards of training and qualifications that should be promoted for interpreters and translators
DATE OF THE FOCUS GROUPS:
- ASL Canada Group: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 (5 p.m. to 9 p.m).
- LSQ Quebec Group: Monday, May 2, 2022 (5 p.m. to 9 p.m).
- LSQ outside of Quebec Group: Wednesday May 4, 2022 (5:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m).
- Hard of hearing group: Wednesday May 4, 2022 (4:15 p.m. to 8 p.m).
A four-hour group discussion with four to six users of communication access services.
- Discussion in ASL or English
- Format: videoconference (Zoom) discussions will be recorded using the Zoom platform